Can I get pregnant with irregular periods?

Yes. When your periods are irregular, you may not be ovulating. A specialist can figure that out and identify any potential cause. Most of the time it is pretty easy to get you to ovulate and pregnancy rates are very high in most women.
Long-Term DepoProver. I also have some links to information about depo-provera that i forgot to add to my previous answer (http://bitly.Com/whuebm). Remember that over 2 years of depo-provera is risk of losing bone mineral and getting osteoporosis. Your bf may have a point. See your doc for details and alternative contraception.
Get PG& Irreg Cycles. Agree that irregular cycles usually mean irregular ovulation. Timing hard when unknown ovulation. Many causes (pcos very common), treatment effective (clomid, letrozole, metformin, gonadotropins, ivf), & other causes possible (up to 35% have mult problems - get tested). Natural therapy such as weight control (norm bmi), monitor ovulation (http://bit.Ly/zhx3ds). See specialist.