I am feeling numb in my feet. What should I do?

Dr. Julian Bragg
Neurology
In brief: Nerve vs vessel
My primary concerns would be a problem in the nerves (spinal cord versus nerve roots versus nerves in the legs and feet) or in the blood supply to the feet.
That being said, sensation is a very complicated process requiring a wide range of body systems to be working together, and numbness can reflect a problem at any stop along this pathway. See your pcp to narrow down the possibilities!

In brief: Nerve vs vessel
Dr. Julian Bragg
Dr. Julian Bragg
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Many possibilities
Symptoms of neuropathy can range anywhere from numbness, tingling, or burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities.
For some, these symptoms are mild, while for others, they can be severe and disabling. Neuropathy can develop as a result of a pinched nerve, trauma, drug side effect, and some diseases such as diabetes. Get evaluated and professionally treated.

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Nerves/circulation
It can be caused by nerve damage (neuropathy) or a pinched nerve from a bulging disc.
Spinal cord problems can cause numbness too. So can poor circulation. Raynauds is intermittent numbness usually precipitated by the cold.

In brief: Nerves/circulation
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
In brief: Neuropathy
Numbness is caused by many things.
The number one reason is because of diabetes. Other common causes are alcohol, vitamin b deficiency, injuries. Get it checked out.

In brief: Neuropathy
Numbness is caused by many things.
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Eric Weisman