Should I give tylenol (acetaminophen) to my 10wk old before he gets immunization shots today and how much do I give?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
A recent study demonstrated that administration of acetominophen prior to the immnuization may diminish the immune response.
Thus currently only as needed sfterwards. Remeber that side effects of soreness, fever or fussiness are still rare.

In brief: No
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Charlene Sojico
You can give tylenol (acetaminophen) before or right after the shots are given and then as needed.
Dose depends on your baby's weight.The new tylenol (acetaminophen) is out and it has the dosing on the labels now. Sweets help distract pain.Offer a sucker.It helps!

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: If you want.
There was a time when i told all parennts to give tylenol (acetaminophen) before shots and then every 4-6 hours after for 12- 24 hours after the vaccines.
Now i tell parents to give as needed. I would also suggest scaling back and not getting more then two at a time as children have fewer side effects...In my experience.. Also you can give homeopathic silica and ledum after vaccines to prevent side effects.

In brief: If you want.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey