What is the best way to loose weight?

Decrease calories. Here's the bottom line: until you significantly decrease your caloric intake, you will not lose weight. You do this by changing your eating habits, both what and how often you eat. You can go on a stepper for an hour, burn off 600 calories, and that will still be less than that bagel with cream cheese or two slices of pizza you just ate. Exercise helps in many ways, but it's not enough.
Exercise. The healthiest way is to eat a well rounded diet: do not eat in excess, but make sure you are getting fruits, vegetables, protein, and other necessary vitamins and minerals. Do not starve yourself. Exercise regularly. Walking, running, an elliptical, biking, a fitness class, etc are all great ways to get started. Find an exercise you enjoy doing and try to do it several times a week.