How can I recover from tonsillitis quicker? I am on antibiotics and I wad given an injection yesterday too. The pain came back. Pls advise.

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Steroids
My preferred treatment is a 10 day course of Clindamycin with a Medrol (methylprednisolone) dose pak.
If you are on antibiotics and your symptoms are worse, you could be developing an abscess which must be drained. Symptoms of an abscess: trismus, hot potato voice, and the pain is usually localized to one side, .

In brief: Steroids
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Correct antibiotics
Stay well hydrated and take your antibiotics.
If you were not put on a high enough dose or if the antibiotic is not ideal then it may not respond as quickly. My favorite antibiotic for tonsillitis is clindamycin. If you are getting worse or not improving call your doctor.

In brief: Correct antibiotics
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Andrea Brand