I had mi 6 weeks ago causing mod-severe lv heart failure and mild-moderate pulminary hypertension. What is the honest pronosis for this i am 57yr man?

Dr. Joshua Buckler
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Too early

It is too early to tell which is actually good news.
With aggressive medical therapy people can recover quite a bit of function after a heart attack, but not always. See your cardiologist and talk about what you can do to maximize your recovery. After 3 months of aggressive medical therapy you will have a better idea of your prognosis and a lot depends on how much function you recover.

In brief: Too early

Dr. Joshua Buckler
Dr. Joshua Buckler
Dr. A. tarig Ahmed

In brief: MI

I think at this point you should get your echo repeated.
Heart function (ejection fraction)could improve few weeks after myocardial infarction and medical treatment.

In brief: MI

Dr. A. tarig Ahmed
Dr. A. tarig Ahmed
Dr. Adam Smith