What causes hyperactive lungs? I had the methacholine challenge test and i was very sensitive. How can I fix this naturally? I'm on advair 100 now.

Dr. Joseph Answine
Anesthesiology

In brief: Difficult

Mostly by avoiding those environmental stimulants but desensitization with the aid of an allergist might help.

In brief: Difficult

Dr. Joseph Answine
Dr. Joseph Answine
Dr. James Sublett
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Asthma

The most common cause in someone your age would be airway inflammation triggered by allergies.
Airway hyperactivity is a component of asthma. The advair you are on is indicated for asthma. I would suggest you see a board-certified allergy/asthma specialist for an evaluation.

In brief: Asthma

Dr. James Sublett
Dr. James Sublett
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology