I have a mucocele as diagnosed by my dr. Should i refrain from kissing/sexual activity until i get it removed?

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: No risk

A mucocele is just a back-up salivary gland that forms a bubble- like growth.
It is not contagious or dangerous. Most are started by some trama to lip or cheek. They should be removed due to repeat interference during biting or chewing. Minor surgery. No special precautions needed. Good luck.

In brief: No risk

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Not necessary

A mucocele is merely a mucus cyst produced when the duct of a minor salivary gland is injured or blocked.
It's not contagious or harmful in any way to you or others. It's nothing more than an annoyance.

In brief: Not necessary

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: No

Mucoceles are not contagious. No worries.

In brief: No

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Jack Hinkle