I hurt my metarsal in my foot when I was a teenager I am in my forties and it still hurts its very painful to touch should I get a xray thanks?

Yes. If you previously had a fracture you may now have post-traumatic arthritis. Other considerations would be the fracture did not heal completely, or healed in a way that it is putting pressure on nearby tissues causing pain. After consulting with your physician and x-ray would be the best first test.
Metatarsal Fracture. Injuries as a child can rear their ugly head as we age... Im still suffering from old football injuries... See a specialist and get an x-ray and examination.... It is always better to know, than to ignore pain...And act like its not there. Why live with the pain , if it is not necessary.