I hurt my metarsal in my foot when I was a teenager I am in my forties and it still hurts its very painful to touch should I get a xray thanks?

Dr. Timothy Mosher
Radiology
If you previously had a fracture you may now have post-traumatic arthritis.
Other considerations would be the fracture did not heal completely, or healed in a way that it is putting pressure on nearby tissues causing pain. After consulting with your physician and x-ray would be the best first test.

Dr. Timothy Mosher
Dr. Timothy Mosher
Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry
In brief: Metatarsal Fracture
Injuries as a child can rear their ugly head as we age.
.. Im still suffering from old football injuries... See a specialist and get an x-ray and examination.... It is always better to know, than to ignore pain...And act like its not there. Why live with the pain , if it is not necessary.

In brief: Metatarsal Fracture
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Cindy Juster