The flu is going around my house and my 3 1/2 yr old daughter has it and she has the vomiting but not the diarrhea. But can I give her kaopectate (kaolin and pectin)?

Just to Clarify. I agree with above but just to make a few things plain: flu (influenza) presents with fever, cough, muscle & joint aches. Never give a child Aspirin when they have fever & viral illness because of very rare risk of developing reyes syndrome. Kaopectate (kaolin and pectin) has aspirin. Does child above with vomiting have "flu"? If no fever & other members just diarrhea and vomiting maybe not. But safer no kaopectate (kaolin and pectin).
No. No. Kaopectate (kaolin and pectin) now has the same active ingredient as peptobismol. It's not to be given to children with viral infections, particularly influenza or chicken pox. Try emetrol to settle her stomach and slowly reintroduce liquids to prevent dehydration. If the nausea/ vomiting doesn't subside, it's time to talk with the pediatrician.