I am a diabetic for the past 18 years my ankels are swollen and cause pain when i stand for a while. The pain is sharp at around the ankle joint.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

Your pain could be as a result of many different things.
A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are needed to determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, sprain, arthritis), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), musculoskeletal or biomechanical abnormality and neurologic conditions (neuropathy).

In brief: Many possibilities

In brief: Needs to be examined

You need to be examined and tested for neuropathy and lymphadema.

In brief: Needs to be examined

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: See your doc.

Diabetics who have lost sensation in their feet are prone to foot and ankle problems which can become severe without a lot of awareness.
Best to have this looked at.

In brief: See your doc.

Best to have this looked at.
Dr. Marsha Davis