How do I cure my acidity ?

Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: PPIs

Acidity leading to acid reflux is often treated with a medication called a proton pump inhibitor.
This keeps your stomach from producing too much acid, which can be harmful to your digestive system. Too much acid can cause ulcers & reflux into your esophagus, damaging it. There are other meds, so see your dr to find out what is best for you. Avoiding spicy foods, caffeine & acid foods can help.

In brief: PPIs

Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: You can treat it

I assume u r talking about acid in your stomach: acid is needed to help digest the foods properly, and to kill off many of the bacteria/bugs we ingest daily.
So, you dont really want to get rid of acid. Some have heartburn because of irritation/inflammation in stomach/esophagus, or ulcers etc...Pepcid/zantac/prilosec etc..Can help. Reduce alcohol/tomatos/citric juices/foods. Consult doc. Good luck.

In brief: You can treat it

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Steven Seres