I suffer from premature ejaculation. What should I do?

Dr. Rabii Madi
Urology
In brief: A common entity
Premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than they or their partner would like.
As long as it happens infrequently, it's not cause for concern. However, if you regularly ejaculate sooner than you and your partner wish — such as before intercourse begins or shortly afterward it can be considered premature ejaculation.

In brief: A common entity
Dr. Rabii Madi
Dr. Rabii Madi
Dr. Mark Reynolds
In brief: Many options
Distract by thinking nonsexual thoughts.
 "stop and start":  stop stimulation before ejaculation for 30 seconds and restart. Repeat as desired.  "squeeze" method: man or partner gently squeezes the end of penis (where the glans meets the shaft) for several seconds. Stop stimulation for 30 seconds, and restart . repeat as desired. Ssris such as prozac (fluoxetine). use condom/local anesthetic cream.

In brief: Many options
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Michael Sinclair
In brief: And it can be fixed
There lots of things that can be done to help you with this problem. There are techniques that you can try such as masturbation to orgasm before sex.
There are medications that work well such as paxil (paroxetine). Ask your doc for help, no reason to suffer if this is a chronic long standing problem.

In brief: And it can be fixed
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. John Cheng
In brief: PE
I have tried a few strategies for my patients to help delay the pe.
Using a condom with a numbing medication inside the condom desensitizes the the penis and will help to delay the time till ejaculation. Once the condom is off, the medication wears off in about 1/2 an hour. Another approach is using the side effect of a prescription medication such as zoloft or Paxil (paroxetine) to delay the ejaculation.

In brief: PE
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. Adam Smith