I have hep c. I have not been exposed to any way of transmission. I think i got sick from eating raw meat and that derived to hep. C. What can I do?

Dr. Robert Rahimi
Internal Medicine - Hepatology

In brief: See liver specialist

Hepatitis c therapy has improved tremendously over the past couple years, and there are many newer therapies being studied currently that might be available within the next 18 months, leading to better cure rates.
I recommend you go see a liver specialist to discuss your options.

In brief: See liver specialist

Dr. Camilla Graham
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Not from food

Hepatitis c is transmitted by small amounts of blood, not from food.
We don't fully understand how people become exposed to hcv, but transmission rarely may be possible from tattoes, pedicures, medical procedures, etc. Hcv is curable, and new treatments are in development now. Find out more from a hepatitis c specialist about the type of hcv you have and whether you might benefit from treatment.

In brief: Not from food

Dr. William Forsythe