Is weed good for anxiety?

In brief: No
Using illict drugs or alcohol to treat the symptoms of anxiety is not a good idea.
Anxiety is best treated through identificcation of the trigger and psychotherapy. Aerobic exercise, proper diet, and proper rest are also effective at reliving anxiety symptoms.

In brief: No
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Maybe not
Cannabis may in fact, not be the best thing for anxiety, and could potentially make anxiety worse.
I have heard many tell me that marijuana makes you paranoid. It's a real good thing, i think, for a person to learn how to best cope with his or her anxiety, without the use of substances. There are effective treatments for anxiety, besides the habit forming drugs like xanax (alprazolam) & valium.

In brief: Maybe not
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: See below
What goes up must come down.
What comes in, must come out. Marijuana will relieve anxiety initially but will exacerbate it as it wears off 6-18 hours later. It has plenty of other side effects as well.

In brief: See below
What goes up must come down.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser