My inner ears and throat are itchy. Throat is really red and a bit swollen. Allergies? Acid reflux? What can I take?

Dr. Robert Silge
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Could be both

Itching of the ear, roof of the mouth, and throat are commonly associated with allergies.
However, here in utah there are no pollens out this time of year, and spring pollens haven't arrived yet. So unless you are exposed to a new pet, it's less likely. If your throat is visibly red reflux is possible, but it would be reaching very high up. Viral illness may be more likely.

In brief: Could be both

Dr. Robert Silge
Dr. Robert Silge
Dr. Nayla Mumneh

In brief: Prob allergies

If the inner ears are itchy, it is probably allergies.
A sore throat can be both from acid reflux and allergies. Try an over the counter antihistamine such as Allegra (fexofenadine) or zyrtec and see if they help.

In brief: Prob allergies

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Andrea Brand