What to do when a 2 yr old gets sprained?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: See doctor.
If you think your toddler has sprained a joint, it's best to see his/her doctor. It's sometimes hard to tell if it's a sprain, a strain, or even a tiny break in the bone.
Once the doctor has diagnosed the problem, an appropriate treatment plan for that problem will be made.

In brief: See doctor.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Need more info
If your ? Is about an ankle/elbow?Sprain, I am reluctant to use the lable in a 2yo.
It can happen, but 2yo have strong ligaments that can pull off chips of bone before they get sprains.The soft growth areas of bone are vulnerable & proper assessment is important. A cold compress over the area initially helps cut swelling/elevate/compress with a stretchy bandage & have it looked at.Xrays may be rqd.

In brief: Need more info
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine