At the opening to my throat, I have openings that make like white, smelly clumpy things. It happens often. Is this normal?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Tonsilloliths.
I completely agree with dr. Melder's opinion except the use of 4-6 weeks of antibiotics.
This therapy, in my opinion, is much too long and invites the definite possibility of resistant bacteria in the back of the nose. I have had good success with tonsillectomy to completely eradicate this problem.

In brief: Tonsilloliths.
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Tonsiliths
What you are describing are "tonsil stones" or tonsiliths.
Common with chronic tonsillitis. Usually associated with halitosis and sometimes chronic sore throat. Recommendations: 1) 4-6 weeks of antibiotics 2) treat for possible underlying acid reflux 3) tonsillectomy.

In brief: Tonsiliths
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Andrea Brand