Will my baby wean himself if I introduce solids?

Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: No
If you want him to wean, you will need to wean him. I've seen babies that were allowed/encouraged to nurse continue to do so to the age of five years, despite eating a full diet of solid foods.
If you want to wean, simply offer the breast less as he eats more. If you don't want to wean him, continue offering the breast. Breast milk will remain good nutrition long after he starts eating solids.

In brief: No
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: No
After starting solid foods, a baby will continue to drink breastmilk or formula, partly to satisfy his hunger, and surely to satisfy his thirst (babies usually don't have anything else to drink).
Also, babies enjoy the warmth and bonding of breastfeeding, even after starting solid foods.

In brief: No
Dr. Scott Katz
In brief: No
Although your baby will be getting some of their nutrition from solid foods, they will still need breast milk, and will still enjoy the closeness of breastfeeding.
As your baby, feeds less your body may produce less milk, but if you are commited to breastfeeding, you should be able to continue to do so.

In brief: No
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Shontae Buffington