Does the head CT scan with and without contrast i got affect my ability to have children in future ?Does it mean that i can't marry now ? Im only 26yr

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology

In brief: No Worries

The radiation from 1 head ct does not measurably increase your risk of cancer in the future.
The radiation was no where near your testicles, and even if it was, there is no measurable risk for birth defects in children. Finally, the contrast was eliminated from your body within 24 hours, assuming no kidney problems.

In brief: No Worries

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Dr. Joseph Accurso

In brief: Confusing question

Having a head ct scan (radiation & contrast agent) by itself does not impair a persons fertility.
As stressful as having the study may have been to you, it's hard for me to understand why you think it would.A more realistic issue is why you had the study to begin with & do you have a condition that involves a poor outcome.

In brief: Confusing question

Dr. Cindy Juster