Is it better to bottle feed or breastfeed?

Breastfeed . The american academy of pediatrics (aap) joins other organizations such as the american medical association (ama), the american dietetic association (ada), and the world health organization (who) in recommending breastfeeding as the best for babies. Breastfeeding helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions.
Both-with breastmilk. The aap recommends exclusive breastfeeding (meaning breastmilk!) for the first 6 months. It is helpful to teach your baby how to drink from a bottle- this allows mom a bit more freedom and allows dad the experience of feeding the baby. Introduce the bottle around 3 weeks of age (when breastfeeding is established and going well) and give a bottle a couple times a week to keep up the habit.