Can an epididymal cyst turn cancerous?

Dr. Rabii Madi
Urology

In brief: Epididymal cyst

Epididymal cyst is a benign cyst and does not turn into cancer.
It might grow though and in that case it might cause some testicualr discomfort. Regular exams ( twice a year) is the way to follow it up.

In brief: Epididymal cyst

Dr. Rabii Madi
Dr. Rabii Madi
Dr. Ben Scharf

In brief: Yes,but rarely

has it been confirmed by histology (microscopic exam of the tissue?

In brief: Yes,but rarely

Dr. Ben Scharf
Dr. Ben Scharf
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: No, but...

I have never heard or read any discussion on such concern in my 45-yr study and practice in urology.
Theoretically, cancerous change can be a concern, but very unlikely; as stated, I have never heard or read.... For individual concern, ask and talk with Doc timely.

In brief: No, but...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Unheard of

Sebacious cysts never turn cancerous.
There is a rare type of cancer called sebacious carcinoma that has a similar presentation to sebacious cyst, but it's very rare (however, I have one patient like that).

In brief: Unheard of

Sebacious cysts never turn cancerous.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Andrea Brand