What's the survival rate of stage4 breast cancer? My mom is a stage 4 patient for several years now .

Dr. Raymundo Romero
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Doesn't Matter

This is great news - focus in the time you have with your mother. Today women are living longer with stage 4 breast cancer due to better treatments, targeted therapies and growing understanding that breast cancer is not one disease.
Congratulations.

In brief: Doesn't Matter

Congratulations.
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Need more info.

This is hard to answer without knowing the specific biology of your mom's cancer and which organs are involved.
Nowadays, we consider stage IV breast ca like a chronic illness; one we cannot cure, but we can often manage and control very well. It sounds like your mom is being managed very well considering her survival for several years already.

In brief: Need more info.

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Varies

Stage 4 breast cancer can have various survival length.
The rule of thumb is 6 months, but, i guess, there are more exceptions than than the rule. I had a patient who was stage 4 with metastases to the bones who lived ~3 years with it. It finally killed her. Metastases anywhere else usually kill the patient quicker.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Adam Levy