Side effects of Effexor (venlafaxine) while drinking alcohol?

Not a great combo. As a rough rule of thumb, Effexor (venlafaxine) will double the effects of alcohol, and alcohol will double the side effects of effexor (venlafaxine). So the best recommendation is skip the alcohol. At the very least, keep this formula in mind.
Potentiation effect. The manufacturer recommends against use of alcohol while on effexor (venlafaxine). This is due to concern that the Effexor (venlafaxine) will potentiate the effects of the alcohol.