When I cry over something very serious, I sometimes start to feel chest pains. Why is this?

Dr. Tracey Marks

In brief: Possibly anxiety

Crying is a normal emotion just like laughing but since it usually happens when you are distressed, you can have similar body reactions that you would have when you are anxious - chest pain, racing hear, dizziness, shortness of breath, etc.

In brief: Possibly anxiety

Dr. Tracey Marks
Dr. Tracey Marks
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Broken heart

The heart is an emotional organ -- interesting right? But it's true -- you can actually have the heart pain - angina pectoris - with emotional stress -- the broken heart syndrome! so being content and at peace is good for your health :)).

In brief: Broken heart

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Cindy Juster