I've had patella femoral pain for the past 6 mos, brought on by running. I have done physical therapy and quit running, but pain is worse. What now?

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See your doctor

You may need to have a brace to help your patella track better. In severe cases, sometimes surgery is needed to help control patello-femoral pain.
This may be arthroscopic, or open, or both. But you need to seek help from a specialist to help control it.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Not many options

Prevention is the only cure stay away from surgery look for lateral compression syndrome lateral release was the only procedure that didnt make things worse in the army.

In brief: Not many options

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine