I have a red object protruding out of my gum on the site of a recent gingivectomy that keeps bleeding and is sore. Wisdom teeth were removed in may?

Go back. Call your surgeon today and have him check. It could be a few things.
See your dentist. This may be several things, but sounds most like a drain for an abcess, which is an outlet for pus from an infection deep in the gums or from the bone under the gums. The infection could be due to a dead bone fragment, foreign object stuck in your tissues, gum disease, or tooth decay. To be sure, you need to see a dentist for an exam to find out what it is, why it is there, and how to treat it.
Location is key. Was your gingivectomy done on a back tooth? It is possible that while you were healing a small piece of food got lodged under your gums. The same is possible with a small piece of bone, a sliver of leftover baby tooth or adult tooth. In any case a dentist can numb the tissue and remove the annoyance with fancy tweezers. Better than letting it fester. Best to you!