I'm a 21 year old female that sometimes have sharp pains in my lower left abdomen. Pregnancy tests are negative and menstrual cycles are irregular.?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Eval Needed

Sometimes no cause is found but usually the cause is gyn.
You might have ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, or endometriosis. Sometimes even a chronic inflammation of the appendix can cause that pain. It is important to be evaluated so that you can start to get some relief.

In brief: Eval Needed

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Todd Guynn
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Abd pain

With basic blood tests completed, often an ultrasound will be recommended to look for ovarian abnormalities.
If nothing is identified , differential diagnosis includes endometriosis. This often will require laparoscopy. See your pcp or gynecologist for additional suggestions

In brief: Abd pain

Dr. Todd Guynn
Dr. Todd Guynn
Dr. Jane Van Dis