How long will it take for my internal hemorrhoids to go away? What can I do to get rid of them? I have painful bowel movements that bleed.

Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Psyllium Fiber

If you want to only care for this without any surgical intervention, then psyllium fiber or an equivalent is likely the best treatment for long term. Make sure you purchase unflavored psyllium. Start with a teaspoon a night mixed in 16 oz of water every night.
Unless they are stuck out and causing significant pain or itching, surgery can usually be avoided. You should consider seeing your doc.

In brief: Psyllium Fiber

Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Probably

Not your internal hemorrhoids as they usually bleed without pain.
Pain and bleeding is most often due to a fissure. If your regular doctor can't make the diagnosis see a colorectal surgeon.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery