What does it mean when my vagina has been itching very bad on the outer part and having yellow discharge in my underwear and a very bad odor?

Needs testing. Vaginal discharge requires an examination to determine the cause and treatment. Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause and often has a vaginal odor. Vaginal itching can be a sign of a yeast infection. Sometimes vaginal discharge can be a sign of a sexual transmitted infection. Testing is important to determine the treatment and keep you and your partner safe.