How much weight should my baby be gaining?

In brief: Depends on age
Initially breastfed babies tend to lose weight but once mom's milk comes in they should gain about 30g (1 oz) a day! from 3-6 months they gain about 20 grams a day, after 6 months they gain about 10g (1/3 of an ounce) a day.
Toddlers gain 5 lbs/yr. These are averages. The most important thing is that your baby is growing along his growth curve; your pediatrician will help make sure he's on track.

In brief: Depends on age
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Liawaty Ho
The rule of thumb is that a baby doubles her birth weight by 4 months and quadruples her birth weight by age 2.
Dr. Angeline Hadi
In brief: It varies
The better question would be how to know if my baby is thriving.
A baby whose parents are slim and of below average height is likely to put on weight more slowly than a baby whose parents are tall. Weighing needs to be combined with looking at how the baby is overall, and weight changes interpreted carefully. http://www.nct.org.uk/info-centre/information/view-50.

In brief: It varies
Dr. Angeline Hadi
Dr. Angeline Hadi
Dr. Shontae Buffington