I have a hard lump on top of my shoulder that is painful when touched. No fall, no injury. Doc thinks it 's calcification, but could it be sarcoma?

Biopsy. The only way to be 100% sure what it is, is to get a piece (biopsy) and look at the tissue under the microscope. So see a board certified plastic surgeon or general surgeon to do the biopsy.