I Have a toothache out of this world on just the right side of my mouth and my gums on that side are swollen what can I do to bring the swelling down ?

Dr. Kyle Shank
Dentistry

In brief: Dentist

The only thing that will really get the problem taken care of is seeing a dentist who may put you on an antibiotic.
In the meantime, cold compresses and Ibuprofen should help with the pain.

In brief: Dentist

Dr. Kyle Shank
Dr. Kyle Shank
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry

In brief: See a Dentist!

If you have swelling, that's a clear sign of infection.
There's nothing you can do to fix that yourself. It needs to be addressed right away by a dentist. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to have increasing pain and a more difficult and costly fix later. Get that taken care of before the swelling and pain get worse. This can be serious and very uncomfortable if you wait.

In brief: See a Dentist!

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Antibiotics

This sounds like more than just a tooth infection - this sounds like a dental abscess.
I would either see1) a dentist 2) an ENT or 3) go to er. I would get this treated asap!

In brief: Antibiotics

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine