I have been coughing up green mucus for five years now, I can't do regular normal functions without coughing until I can't breath, what wrong with me?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Chronic bronchitis..

The symptoms you describe are likely due to chronic bronchitis, a form of copd.
It is usually due to smoking which causes this chronic inflammation. If you still smoke, you need to quit to decrease the airway inflammation. See your doctor as there are treatments to control symptoms. There is no cure.

In brief: Chronic bronchitis..

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. David Rosen
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Chronic Sinusitis

You may have chronic sinusitis.
An otolaryngologist can confirm . You would probably benefit from oral steroids, oral antibiotics, and nasal steroid spray.

In brief: Chronic Sinusitis

You may have chronic sinusitis.
Dr. David Rosen
Dr. David Rosen
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology