Can meloxicam be used for kidney problems example blood in the urine all the time cause looked it up & it said used to treat atheritis?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Can be used 4 stones

Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids), which can be used to treat arthritis as you say, and can also be used to control pain due to kidney stones, which can present with symptoms like blood in urine and flank pain.
But nsaids including Meloxicam can damage your kidneys and even cause kidney failure, and so be careful.

In brief: Can be used 4 stones

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Not really

Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inlammatory drug prescribed to relieve pain and inflammation of arthritis & rheumatoid arthritis.
It can cause GI bleeding just like aspirin. It will not correct blood in urine, but possibly might have anti-inflammatory effect on kidney. I have not heard of it being used for that indication.

In brief: Not really

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Vikram Patel