Why do doctors ask to take nystatin / chlorhexidine mouth wash is it scientifically proven to reduce neutropenic fever etc?

In brief: Oral related problem

Nystain rinses are anti fungal and used to treat candida albicans.
Chlorhexidine is anti bacterial and is used to control periodontal infection. Are you having oral issues?

In brief: Oral related problem

Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Cover infection

I think your doctors are trying to prevent you from getting infections, as they have concluded that your blood cell activity for immunity is compromised.
The Nystatin is to cover fungal type infections and the chlorohexidine wash is to kill oral bacteria and therefore keep an active center of infection under control.

In brief: Cover infection

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham