After a weekend of drinking pretty heavily, I have a pain in my right side. It is above my waistline and below my ribcage. Any ideas why?

Pathology
In brief: Good advice
Dr. Blixt has given you good advice.
Almost everybody experiments with alcohol and i'm glad you survived this adventure and now have one more reason not to repeat it. A single wild weekend will temporarily damage your liver enough to make it swell and stretch the capsule, which is as sensitive as around a guy's testicle. If it's still sore by next weekend, consider a doctor's office visit.

In brief: Good advice
Dr. Blixt has given you good advice.
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Possibly serious
It could be liver inflammation, it could be an ulcer or gastritis, it could be some inflammation of the pancrease (pancrelipase).
Please see you doctor for and exam and blood work and to discuss your drinking, one sign of a drinking problem is continuing to drink even when it is causing problems; such as to your health.

In brief: Possibly serious
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology