Does taking flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) cause weight gain?

In brief: No

If the Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hcl) is being taken due to muscle spams or pain, then it's more likely that the weight gain is resulting from a decrease in activity and altered eating habits.
Weight gain is not considered a typical side effect of the medication. A rare incidence has been reported but no causal relationship to the drug has been established. So as a general rule, don't consider fexeril as the culprit.

In brief: No

Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: I have not seen this

That is not a side effect that I have seen.
Sedation is the most common side effect in my opinion.

In brief: I have not seen this

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Marci Dietrich
i agree sedation is a cmmon side effect. If yo are sedated you are less likely to be physically active. if you are injusred and taking Flexeril you may not be able to exercise as much as you would like. You could gain weight in that situation.
Dr. Vikram Patel