Should I be concerned with an upset stomach and acid reflux if I have heart disease?

Dr. Tso Chen
In brief: Depends
Sometimes acid reflux or heartburn may cause chest pain that is hard to distinguish from a potential heart attack especially if the patient is diabetic, female gender, or elderly.
If you never had reflux or heartburn before and develop sudden chest pain, i would recommend getting it checked out with your primary care doctor or go to er if the discomfort does not go away after 15-20 minutes.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Tso Chen
Dr. Tso Chen
Dr. Leila Wing
In brief: Depends
Some patients with heart disease also have symptoms of gerd/acid reflux disease.
If there is a change to the quality of your heartburn symptoms, see your doctor for evaluation. Need to rule out heart causes (that can kill you) before attributing the pain to the GI system.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Adam Smith