I have never had the flu vaccine ever in life, I now have to have it for nursing school, will I get sick since this will be mu fist dose of the shot?

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
In brief: Hard to know
In my personal experience with giving flu shots to many people, some who have had them always and some who get the first one.
You might experience a slight fever and achiness with the first shot, but if you get them every year the you don't notice anything. Consider this if you do get a little bit sick, it will not be anything like what you would feel if you get the actual flu.

In brief: Hard to know
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Generally NO
...But reactions may occur. You can not get the "flu" from the shot.
The disease is usually much worse than any reaction. Do not hesitate!

In brief: Generally NO
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Arnon Rubin