If I lose weight will it relieve pressure of my disc in my back, and will the pain stop from sciatic nerve, although a piece of da disc is on my nerve?

Dr. Reza Karimi
Neurosurgery
In brief: Possibly
Weight loss is an effective way to lessen the mechanical stresses on the spine and quite often leads to improved back pain and improved leg pain from a disc herniation.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Reza Karimi
Dr. Reza Karimi
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Maybe
Certainly couldn't hurt (no pun intended), may help.
Less weight means less stress on joints, discs, better posture, biomechanics. May or not be enough to relieve all your symptoms. Just one more reason to knock off excess weight, if that is an issue. If you are thin to start with, won't do much good.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: It may
Any weight loss will improve the forces in your back and on that disc.
Nu guarentees though.

In brief: It may
Nu guarentees though.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser