I smell a mildew smell the first breathe I take after I sneeze. Why is that?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Fungal sinusitis

That's an unusual symptom. You might have fungal sinusitis.
.. Not a bid deal... Very common in south east us.. But very common. It may also be nothing... Best to be seen by an ENT and have a ct scan of sinuses based on exam.

In brief: Fungal sinusitis

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Allergy vs infection

If you are allergic to mold (a common allergy), when you encounter this in the air, it may make you sneeze.
You may then notice the smell. Sometimes a sinus infection can give you a foul smell. If you have symptoms of facial pain/pressure, discolored drainage, see your doctor for treatment.

In brief: Allergy vs infection

Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Michelle Marcincuk
Dr. Peter Kurzweil