Does a high white blood cell count lead to heart problems?

Dr. PHILLIP KIM

In brief: No

Aka WBC is a general nonspecific blood test that informs function of your immune cells.
A high white count tells that there's some sort of inflammatory condition in your body ranging from infections to malignancies. So the answer is no.

In brief: No

Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not directly

But a high white blood cell count if indicative of something else that's wrong.
I assume it's being investigated since you know about it. Endocarditis (infection of the heart valves) can cause a high white blood count and your doctor is probably ruling that out as one of many possible causes.

In brief: Not directly

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology