Does having migraine with aura put me at higher risk for stroke? I am 39.

Unfortunately yes. The risk of ischemic stroke in migraine with aura (ma) is 2x that of migraine alone. The risk of ma +tobacco+bcp is 10x that of a smoker + bcp. Recent population studies suggest that ma also increases the risk of hemorrhagic stroke. Not all strokes that occur in patients with ma are related to the headache, other etiologies may exist, such as patent foramen ovale and arterial dissection.
Sadly, yes. As well explained by my colleague. However, certainly not all of us migraineurs will have strokes. And unless you have one of the conditions mentioned, there's not much you can do. Here's a happy thought. Cocoa flavonoids can help to prevent stroke, so I eat a couple of squares of high quality dark chocolate every day. My mother (migraineur)'s stroke is my excuse, and it's a very good one!
Yes. You should definitely be on Aspirin or other antiplatelet drug continuously. You should never smoke or take estrogens. Smoking plus Estrogens magnifies stroke risk 35 times above the rate otherwise expected.