I am having nightly tooth pain. With no insurance I can not afford the root canal/fillings I need. How can I minimize the pain until I can afford it?

Free dental care. Call your Local Dental Society for the information about free dental care for low-income population in your area. Take care.
Ibuprofen or tylenol (acetaminophen) Its important to identify the actual cause of the pain, weather its related to your teeth or gums. Generally, Ibuprofen is an excellent over the counter pain killer for tooth pain, usually better than tylenol (acetaminophen). If you have a swelling of any kind you should seek professional attention as you may have an abscess which could be serious. Only take these drugs if it's afe for you. Wish you all the best.
Over the counter med. Unfortunately dental issues only get worse with time and more expensive, see if there is a dental school in your area or and organizations that offer free or discounted services.
Pain meds. Take over the counter pain killers. Try going to a dental clinic that is state run.
dental school. Unfortunately if you have a root canal infection there are only two ways to treat it. One is to have the root canal and the alternative is to have the tooth extracted. If private treatment is too expensive dental schools frequently have significantly lower rates. Check with your local dental society for other possible alternative programs. Good luck.
Meds. Dental Society. OTC pain meds. Local dental society will have options for low income patients.