I have been takeing affexor for my hot flashes and its not working I have been wakeing up stickey and sweaty I stop taken them was that right thing to?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Perhaps, but slowly

A group of medications, generally considered anti-depressants, have effects on neurotransmitters in the brain, such as serotonin, noradrenaline, dopamine.
Effexor (venlafaxine) has effects on the first two. Zoloft or Celexa are examples of pure serotonin affects. In general, any of these should be taken under doc's guidance, not stopped abruptly. Perhaps discuss w your doc trying only a serotonin agent.

In brief: Perhaps, but slowly

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Ray Holt

In brief: Maybe, maybe not

Effexor (venlafaxine) can be helpful for hot flashes, but it's often not a miracle, but talk to the doctor about tapering the dose up before you give up on it.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not

Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Jane Van Dis