How can I help my child pass gas?

In brief: Like helping pooping

A young baby who is normal but has trouble passing gas may just be learning how to relax down low in the pelvis, to let gas move down where it can be easily passed.
Sometimes holding his feet up & bending his knees up to near his tummy can help. If he seems to be very fussy, weak/soft in the muscles, not eating much, or bloating his tummy with air, a doctor can evaluate and give additional ideas.

In brief: Like helping pooping

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Bicycle legs

Put your baby on his/her back and move their legs as if they are riding a bicycle.
This will help move the air around and down through their intestines. Other things to help with gas can be rolling a warm waterbottle across their stomach, holding them in the football hold and massage.

In brief: Bicycle legs

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Jonathan Jassey