I get 2 to 3 kidney stones a months, what can I do? Urologist put me on uriocet k (sp) but still have the problems.

Dr. James Cunnar

In brief: Hydrate

My guess is you are probably doing this, but 48-64 ounces of water daily is truly important in kidney stone prevention.
Stay on the urocit. Make sure you've had your stones qualified - you need to know what type of stones you make so treatment can be guided. Uric acid stones are handled differently than calcium oxalate stones. Good luck.

In brief: Hydrate

Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. Robert Donato
Actually, uric acid stones are often treated with Urocit K+
Dr. James Lin
Urology

In brief: Here are some...

Most of stone formers have genetic defects leading to poor stone-inhibiting ability in the urine &/or over-absorption of ingredients from GI-tract; occasionally, acquired factors such as chronic diarrhea from IBS or after bowel surgery may contribute to stone occurrence.
Urocit-K is to modifiy urine pH & improve urine citrate so to help dissolve crystals & prevent stone. More? Ask urologist...

In brief: Here are some...

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin

In brief: Drink more water

The best method to decrease the stone recurrence rate is to increase your daily water intake.
Other measures can also be taken to help decrease the chances of forming a stone such as medications (urocit k), allopurinol, etc. But they are adjuncts to increasing your water intake.

In brief: Drink more water

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine