I've had persistent flu like symptoms, have seen the doctor 3 times in 3 months, and it seems to be getting worse. Antibiotics are not working. Why?

Dr. Steven Bowers

In brief: Hmmmm...

If you mean runny stuffy nose, sore throat fever and fatigue, for that duration, i'm thinking mononucleosis.
Antibiotics wont help mono. Supportive care and time is the management for mono.

In brief: Hmmmm...

Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Steven Bowers
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: See another doctor

This may not be something that antibiotics is going to treat.
Persistent flu like symptoms is a little concerning. If your symptoms are headache/fever/chills/muscle aches/sore throat, etc... There is something serious going on. I would see someone who is going to do more than treat with antibiotics.

In brief: See another doctor

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology