I'm over 30 and I have acne only on my jaw line what can I do for it and could my husbands whiskers irritate and cause acne?

Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dermatology

In brief: Hormonal likely

Typically, when i see a woman over 25 with tender, long-lasting deep cysts around the jaw, it is hormonal.
There is a medication called spironolactone that works well as an rx after some blood tests. The blood tests are usually normal but your skin can bee too sensitive causing the acne. I also recommend organic foods free from hormones and avoiding foods high in sugar (high glycemic).

In brief: Hormonal likely

Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dr. Jennifer Haley
Dr. Jennifer Haley
My pleasure. I see this a lot. You are not alone! Give the treatment time to work.
Dr. Emil Shakov
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Proactiv

If it is mild that will work for you.
Irritation can definitely lead to acne. Treatment can be retinoids, chemical peels, antibiotics, laser and ipl treatments.

In brief: Proactiv

If it is mild that will work for you.
Dr. Emil Shakov
Dr. Emil Shakov